Karim Mahmoud, MDFellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Karim Mahmoud, MD
Dr. Mahmoud specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures, including:
- Complex Forefoot Reconstruction
- Foot and Ankle Trauma
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Cartilage Restoration
- Post-traumatic Deformity Reconstruction
- Sports Injuries of the Foot & Ankle
- Foot & Ankle Arthroscopy
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Foot and Ankle Deformity
- Pediatric Lower Limb Realignment Procedure and Limb Lengthening
- Pediatric Trauma
About Karim Mahmoud, MD
Dr. Karim Mahmoud is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon with a special interest in foot and ankle surgery and pediatric orthopedic surgery. Dr. Mahmoud aims to treat every patient as though they are part of his family, providing the very best quality care, immediate access, and seamless services to quick diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
After graduating from medical school at Alexandria University in Egypt, Dr. Mahmoud pursued an orthopedic residency in Hamad Medical Corporation, affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar. Following his residency, Dr. Mahmoud came to the United States, where he underwent several extensive fellowship training programs at prestigious institutions. First was a foot and ankle surgery fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. Next, he completed a pediatric orthopedic fellowship at the University of Tennessee - Campbell Clinic, which focused on pediatric lower limb deformity correction and complex pediatric foot and ankle disorders. Finally, he completed a foot and ankle fellowship at Emory University, which focused on the management of sports-related conditions, cartilage restoration in the foot and ankle, and total ankle replacement. Throughout his fellowship training, Dr. Mahmoud provided foot and ankle care for elite professional athletes.
He is currently serving as Clinical Assistant Professor at Augusta University in the Orthopedic Department and is involved in teaching residents and medical students.
Dr. Mahmoud also has a vast research background, with more than 30 peer reviewed articles and book chapters published. Recently, his research was nominated as a finalist for the Roger Mann Awards. In 2021, the United States Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service awarded him with O-1 status as an “Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Achievements." Outside of his practice, Dr. Mahmoud enjoys soccer and swimming.
- Medical: Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
- Internship: Alexandria University Hospitals, Alexandria, Egypt
- Orthopedic surgery residency: Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
- Foot & ankle surgery fellowship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Pediatric orthopedic fellowship: University of Tennessee - Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN
- Sports foot & ankle fellowship: Emory University, Atlanta, GA
He is currently serving as Clinical Assistant Professor at Augusta University in the Orthopedic Department.