J. Wendell Duncan, MDBoard-Certified Orthopedic & Hand Surgeon
J. Wendell Duncan, MD
Dr. Duncan specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
About J. Wendell Duncan, MD
Dr. Duncan received his Bachelor of Science degree from Mercer University in Macon, Georgia in 1976. He graduated from the Medical College of Georgia in 1980 and completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the Greenville Hospital System and Shriner's Hospital in 1985. His hand surgery fellowship was with the Hand Center of Charleston in South Carolina.
His practice is primarily limited to surgery of the hand and upper extremity and he is board-certified in orthopedic and hand surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Memberships include the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Georgia Society for Surgery of the Hand and the Medical Association of Georgia. He has served on many medical staff committees at Doctors Hospital of Augusta including President of the Medical Staff in 2004. He is presently Medical Staff President of the Evans Surgery Center, and at Doctors Hospital he is serving on Ethics, By-Laws, and Medical Staff Assistance committees.
He is an active member of Warren Baptist Church where he is a teacher, deacon, choir member, and is facilitator of the Medical Missions Program and Chairman of the Community Ministries Council.
Dr. and Mrs. Duncan have been married since 1980 and have two sons.
- Undergraduate Degree: Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
- Internship & Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Greenville Hospital System & Shriner’s Hospital, Greenville, South Carolina
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: Hand Center of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Georgia Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Doctors Hospital of Augusta, Former President of Medical Staff, Member of Ethics, By-Laws & Medical Staff Assistance Committees