Augusta-Aiken Orthopedic Specialists is requiring masks for all individuals effective immediately.
At Augusta-Aiken Orthopedic Specialists, the health and safety of our patients, our providers, and our AAOS team is always our top priority. As we work to address the threat of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we ask that you work with us to minimize the risk of infection and limit the spreading of germs.
WHAT WE ARE DOING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO:
What is our practice doing to protect our patients?
- Disinfecting – Exam rooms and tables are disinfected between patients. Commonly used surfaces are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Hand Hygiene – All providers and members of Team AAOS adhere to a conscientious handwashing protocol.
- Smart Scheduling – Patients who have recently returned from an area where the virus is widespread will be required to schedule at least 14 days after their return.
- Screening for Symptoms and Risk Factors – Patients and visitors for the clinic and surgery center will be screened for symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19, will have their temperatures taken, and will be asked to reschedule their appointments as appropriate.
- Social Distancing – Patients concerned with waiting in the lobby will be given the option to wait in their cars. They will be contacted via cell phone when Team AAOS is ready to bring them back to the exam room.
- Telemedicine Visits – Telemedicine consultations will be made available for appropriate appointment types.
What can you do to protect yourself and others?
- Handwashing – Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover Your Cough – Cough into your elbow or a tissue, not your hand.
- No Touching – Avoid touching your hands to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Disinfect – Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and work.
- Social Distancing – Avoid large groups of people as well as close contact with people who are sick.
- Recover, Don’t Spread – If you are sick, avoid travel except for medical care. Stay home to recover and do NOT report to work or school.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle aches, runny nose, fatigue, and sore throat), please give us a call and we will be happy to help reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling better.