About Your Visit
For Your Appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes early for you appointment.
If you are a new patient, please arrive to your appointment early in order to complete the registration process. In addition, please bring the following:
- Driver's License or State ID
- Referral (If Required by Insurer)
- Insurance Information
- Copies of Operation Records, Medical Records, X-rays, MRIs, and CT Scans from Prior Doctor Visits
- A List of Current Medications and Any Known Allergies
- Disc and reports for diagnostic testing
- Current Medication Bottles
We accept most major insurance plans.
Please call us at least 24 hours in advance.
Except in the case of an acute injury or illness, we see patients by appointment. Every effort is made to keep your waiting time to an absolute minimum. Emergencies do occur and operations sometimes take longer than anticipated, and your doctor may be delayed. Thank you in advance for your patience.
In Case of Emergency
During Office Hours: In case of emergency, we will work you into our routine schedule; otherwise, we request you make an appointment.
After Hours: Our office telephones are answered after hours and on holidays by a trained doctor's exchange. To reach the physician on call, telephone 706-863-9797. The physician on call will determine if you should be seen in the ER, or if you should make an appointment to be seen during normal office hours.
Fees & PaymentsWe strive to provide you with high quality, affordable orthopedic care. Our professional fees are similar to those of other qualified physicians in the Augusta area.
Our Fee and Insurance Policies are as follows:
- Payment on the day of service allows us to reduce administrative costs without diminishing the quality of service to you. This service is greatly appreciated. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
- Insurance for Office Visits: Our staff will assist you in filing insurance.
- Insurance for Surgery: We will talk with you about estimated fees and insurance coverage. In many cases, we will be paid by your carrier for the covered portion. We will then send you a statement for any outstanding balance. Payment is expected within 60 days.
- Past Due Accounts: If you have a financial problem, we understand. Contact our Accounts Control Clerk. Time will be extended for payment which is fair to you and to the practice.
- Liability Claims: If you are involved in a liability claim (such as an automobile accident), please remember that you are responsible for all medical charges. We cannot hold your account open over 90 days or make a third party responsible for payment.
- Workers' Compensation: To receive full benefit, we must have employer verification. We will provide your employer with medical and financial details.
- Disability Forms: There is a nominal charge.
- Medicare: We are participating physicians and we file all Medicare paperwork. We ask that you pay the co-payment and any deductibles at the time of service.
Prescriptions & Renewals
The best way to have an existing prescription refilled is to call our office. Normally, refills are issued if you have been seen by your doctor within the past 3 months.
When you call for a refill, please have your pharmacy telephone number and the medicine name, dosage, and dosage schedule available. All refills are handled during regular office hours, from Monday – Friday between 8:30am to 5:00pm.