We are requiring all visitors to wear a mask while in the building.
Effective immediately, Augusta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists, PC has resumed scheduling Elective Surgeries. If your surgery was postponed due to Corona-virus, please call 706-863-9797 ext 502 to reschedule your procedure. It may require additional medical evaluation that will be discussed at time of scheduling. Thank you for your patience in this matter and we will reschedule your surgery in a timely manner.
At Augusta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists,PC, the health and safety of our patients, our providers, and Team AOSMS is always our top priority. As we work to address the threat of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we ask that you work with us to minimize the risk of infection and limit the spreading of germs.
For the most up-to-date information on the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
WHAT WE ARE DOING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO:
What is AOSMS doing to protect our patients?
- Disinfecting – Exam rooms and tables are disinfected between patients. Commonly used surfaces are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Hand Hygiene – All providers and members of Team AOSMS adhere to a conscientious handwashing protocol.
- Smart Scheduling – Patients who have recently returned from an area where the virus is widespread will be required to schedule at least 14 days after their return.
- Screening for Symptoms and Risk Factors – Patients and visitors for the clinic and surgery center will be screened for symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19, will have their temperatures taken, and will be asked to reschedule their appointments as appropriate.
- Social Distancing – Patients concerned with waiting in the lobby will be given the option to wait in their cars. They will be contacted via cell phone when Team AOSMS is ready to bring them back to the exam room.
- Telemedicine Visits – Telemedicine consultations will be made available for appropriate appointment types.
What can you do to protect yourself and others?
- Handwashing – Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover Your Cough – Cough into your elbow or a tissue, not your hand.
- No Touching – Avoid touching your hands to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Disinfect – Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and work.
- Social Distancing – Avoid large groups of people as well as close contact with people who are sick.
- Recover, Don’t Spread – If you are sick, avoid travel except for medical care. Stay home to recover and do NOT report to work or school.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle aches, runny nose, fatigue, and sore throat), please give us a call and we will be happy to help reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling better.
PATIENT FAQS REGARDING COVID-19 AND AOSMS:
Is the office open for clinic and physical therapy visits?
Yes, AOSMS Augusta and Thomson remains open for clinic and physical therapy visits. We highly encourage the use of Telemedicine / phone call to further reduce the need for in-person contact until the crisis has passed through Doxy.me.
What can I expect when I arrive at the office?
For the safety of everyone involved, we are screening all patients and visitors prior to entry to any AOSMS clinic. This screening will include a temperature check as well as general health- and travel-related questions. If you are determined to be at risk based on this screening, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date.
Can I wait in my car instead of the waiting room?
Yes. When you check in for your appointment, you will have the option to provide your cell phone number to the front desk so that you can wait in your personal vehicle. We will contact you when we are ready to bring you back to the exam room.
Why are you only allowing one visitor to come with me to my appointment?
In accordance with CDC guidance and to help maintain the health and well-being of our staff, providers, patients, and visitors during this time, and request that only the patient with a caregiver if needed or a parent accompanying a minor child will be allowed in the clinic. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
What if I need to schedule an appointment?
You may schedule an appointment with us using https://www.ortho-augusta.com/appointments/new. It’s easy and available 24/7! You may also call to schedule an appointment at 706-863-9797, but you may be asked to leave a message and wait for a call back.
Thank you for helping us keep AOSMS safe and healthy!
*** UPDATED 8/18/2020 We will modify these restrictions further as ordered by State and local officials.
Augusta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists is a comprehensive medical and surgical practice devoted to the care of musculoskeletal problems. Over the past forty years, we have consistently provided the greater Augusta area with compassionate orthopedic care of the highest quality. We thank you for choosing Augusta Orthopedics.
We feel it is our privilege to take care of your orthopedic problems and appreciate that you have chosen our practice. We hope you find this site to be an excellent resource.
Augusta Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists PC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. See Patient Rights »