Augusta Orthopedics is requiring masks for all individuals effective Immediately.
At Augusta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists,PC, the health and safety of our patients, our providers, and Team AOSMS is always our top priority. As we work to address the threat of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we ask that you work with us to minimize the risk of infection and limit the spreading of germs.
WHAT WE ARE DOING AND WHAT YOU CAN DO:
What is AOSMS doing to protect our patients?
- Disinfecting – Exam rooms and tables are disinfected between patients. Commonly used surfaces are disinfected multiple times per day.
- Hand Hygiene – All providers and members of Team AOSMS adhere to a conscientious handwashing protocol.
- Smart Scheduling – Patients who have recently returned from an area where the virus is widespread will be required to schedule at least 14 days after their return.
- Screening for Symptoms and Risk Factors – Patients and visitors for the clinic and surgery center will be screened for symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19, will have their temperatures taken, and will be asked to reschedule their appointments as appropriate.
- Social Distancing – Patients concerned with waiting in the lobby will be given the option to wait in their cars. They will be contacted via cell phone when Team AOSMS is ready to bring them back to the exam room.
- Telemedicine Visits – Telemedicine consultations will be made available for appropriate appointment types.
What can you do to protect yourself and others?
- Handwashing – Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover Your Cough – Cough into your elbow or a tissue, not your hand.
- No Touching – Avoid touching your hands to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Disinfect – Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home and work.
- Social Distancing – Avoid large groups of people as well as close contact with people who are sick.
- Recover, Don’t Spread – If you are sick, avoid travel except for medical care. Stay home to recover and do NOT report to work or school.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle aches, runny nose, fatigue, and sore throat), please give us a call and we will be happy to help reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling better.
PATIENT FAQS REGARDING COVID-19 AND AOSMS:
Is the office open for clinic and physical therapy visits?
Yes, AOSMS Augusta, Waynesboro and Thomson remains open for clinic and physical therapy visits.
What if I need to schedule an appointment?
You may schedule an appointment with us using https://www.ortho-augusta.com/appointments/new. It’s easy and available 24/7! You may also call to schedule an appointment at 706-863-9797, but you may be asked to leave a message and wait for a call back.
Thank you for helping us keep AOSMS safe and healthy!
Augusta Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists is a comprehensive medical and surgical practice devoted to the care of musculoskeletal problems. Over the past forty years, we have consistently provided the greater Augusta area with compassionate orthopedic care of the highest quality. We thank you for choosing Augusta Orthopedics.
We feel it is our privilege to take care of your orthopedic problems and appreciate that you have chosen our practice. We hope you find this site to be an excellent resource.
Augusta Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists PC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. See Patient Rights »